Thursday, January 7, 2021

Memories of Saints

Our recent virtual 60th Reunion of our class at Saints has gotten me thinking more about our years at the academy and the friends, classmates, and teammates during that period.  As I look back, my memories of certain of the Brothers, of teammates, of specific games (wins and losses) are very vivid.  I think we would all agree that those years were critically important in our development as individuals for many reasons.

While I was always pleased at getting good grades and the accolades of teachers, our team achievements in sports created more adrenaline.  It was always a thrill to play in front of a big crowd at McCoy Stadium on Thanksgiving, and particularly in our senior year when we had such a winning season.  While many years have passed, I still feel a deep connection with Dennis, Tom, Paul, Terry, Reggie, Charlie, Jeff, etc.  They were all great classmates and teammates. 

I think one of the major lessons learned at Saints was a spirit of friendly competition.  As I learned later, the business world is very competitive and you must have dreams, goals, and the focus and desire to achieve them.  For me, those dreams and goals began at Saints. 

I look forward to a non-virtual reunion in the near future.  Until then, stay healthy everyone! 

Bill Farley

1 comment:

Don Champagne said...

Amen. I greatly enjoyed our 60th, virtual reunion, but only because I was starved for recollections of a truly seminal period of my life. My dad suffered from what medicine now calls alcohol use disorder, so I had to pay my Saints tuition by working at "Hayes Drug Company" (a drug store) at the intersection of Pawtucket and East Avenues. (That entire interaction is now gone.) Pawtucket RI was good place to grow up, especially when it was enhanced by a Saints education.